Frequently Asked Questions About Online Banking
What is Online Banking?
Bank of the Rockies Online Banking is a convenient way to access your accounts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from anywhere you can connect to the internet.
What can I do with Online Banking?
You can access your checking and savings accounts, lines of credit, certificates of deposit, or loans to verify balances, review account activity, transfer funds* between accounts, and order checks.
*Some restrictions apply to transfers. Ask a Financial Services Representative for clarification.
How do the balances shown online compare to the bank computer balances?
Bank of the Rockies uses “Real Time Access” for your balance information. This means that the balance you see at home is exactly what the balance shows at the bank.
How much does Online Banking cost?
The service is free for our customers.
Is Online Banking private and secure?
Yes it is. Bank of the Rockies has incorporated state-of-the-art security into its Online Banking to ensure both privacy and security. We require passwords, data encryption, firewalls, and internal security procedures.
What is Data Encryption?
128-bit electronic data encryption provides privacy for the data flowing between your computer and the bank’s online server.
What is a Firewall?
Our computer systems are protected by a system of filtering routers and firewalls, which create a protective shield between the internet and the internal network of Bank of the Rockies. We use several layers of technology to ensure that your internet transactions are secure and tamper proof.
What can I do to protect myself?
Your Login Access ID and Password provide one of the most important security features for Online Banking. Change your password frequently to help prevent unauthorized online access to your accounts.
Other security tips:
- Keep your web browser software up to date to take advantage of the latest security enhancements.
- Take precautions to keep your computers free from viruses that might be used to capture password keystrokes or send information from your hard drive.
- Please be careful where you choose to do your Online Banking and what you do with your transaction data. DO NOT use coffee shop internet hook-ups or rented computers. Computers can be configured to capture private information from unsuspecting internet users.
- If you get an unexpected web page asking you for your credit card, password, or account information, DO NOT disclose this information.
- DO NOT share external hard drives that contain confidential information even if you think you have erased the information.
- Shred printouts of your account information before discarding them.
What equipment do I need?
To access Online Banking you need internet access and Internet Explorer with a version of 9 or higher that supports 128-bit encryption.
Can I access Online Banking through my current internet service?
Yes. The browsers that Bank of the Rockies requires work with most internet service providers.
Does Online Banking work with Quicken, Microsoft Money, and QuickBooks?
Yes it does. Data can be downloaded to spreadsheets such as Microsoft Excel or other personal financial management software such as Quicken, Microsoft Money, and QuickBooks.
What if the system is unavailable?
If the Online Banking system is unavailable, you can contact any Bank of the Rockies office listed on our website or call toll free 1-800-362-6669 and speak with any of our customer service representatives.
Who do I contact if I have questions or problems?
You can contact any Bank of the Rockies office listed on our website or call toll free 1-800-362-6669.
How do I get started?
If you have an account with Bank of the Rockies, simply register for Online Banking through our website, or contact your local office or call toll free 1-800-362-6669 to get an Online Banking Service Application.
Questions or comments? Contact Us