Individual Retirement and Educational Savings Accounts
Individual Retirement Accounts
Want to make your retirement vision a reality? Start planning today! Bank of the Rockies offers both Traditional and Roth IRAs for your retirement funding.
- Contributions made to a Traditional IRA may be partially or fully deductible.
- Earnings generated within a Traditional IRA are tax-deferred.
- A minimum distribution is required each year after age 70 1/2.
- Contributions made to a Roth IRA are not tax-deductible or age restricted.
- Earnings generated within a Roth IRA are tax-deferred and offer the potential to be withdrawn tax-free.
- Roth IRA owners are not required to take mandatory distributions.
Traditional and Roth IRAs are eligible for up to $250,000 of FDIC insurance. All IRAs are insured separately from other accounts held at Bank of the Rockies.
Contact one of our representatives to learn more about IRAs or ask your tax advisor which account is right for you.
Educational Savings Accounts
Interested in saving for a child’s education? Bank of the Rockies offers a Coverdell Education Savings Account to help you save for a child’s elementary, secondary, or post-secondary education. This tax-favored account allows contributions and earnings to be disbursed free from federal income tax and IRS penalties when used for eligible education expenses.
To learn more about the Coverdell ESA contact any Bank of the Rockies representative.
Questions or comments? Contact Us